The Man in the Iron Mask 1998/Leonardo DiCaprio

來源: TJKCB 2022-02-21 11:25:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (82136 bytes)

The Man in the Iron Mask 1998/Leonardo DiCaprio

The best part(s) Leo has ever played. Two roles & two exact opposites. This is a great movie.

Characters,actors,dialogues,everything…everything is of supreme quality. My fav movie.

superb craftmanship: Script was brilliantly edited for clever switches: The iron mask of Philipe got Leonardo DiCaprio switched smoothly - does a great acting job portraying two opposite personalities (villain cruel Louis vs. kind gentle Philipe) - I will never get over the scene where they have both versions of Leo and his expression from one to the other was so very different, even the look in his eyes. Such a great character actor Leonardo DiCaprio is!!.

https://youtu.be/vRSUdXhOIzo?t=1995 Christine in gown with King dinning table.

https://youtu.be/vRSUdXhOIzo 

The Man in the Iron Mask

CC
Sep 28, 2018

148M subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
Paris is starving, but the King of France is more interested in money and bedding women. When a young soldier dies for the sake of a shag, Aramis, Athos and Porthos band together with a plan to replace the king. Unknown to many, there is a 2nd king, a twin, hidden at birth, then imprisoned for 6 years behind an iron mask. All that remains now is D'Artagnan, will he stand against his long time friends, or do what is best for his country?

SHOW LESS

I haven't watched this in years. This is one of the best movies. The end where they all stand together really gets me it's the best part of the movie "All for one and one for all" evil never wins good will always prevail in the end. Thank you for allowing us to watch this masterpiece.

"I may never be a rich man, but you'll always have my heart."-Raoul "Then I am richer than the king!" - Christine. My god the writing!

this film is a masterpiece.... No CGI just good ol acting at its best and wonderful costume and set design... even decaprio raised the mark on this for at the time he was a Teen magazine favorite. its this dual role that really elevated him as a powerful actor.... Loved it... thank you for the upload.

John Malkovich is an absolute genius. The man is a chameleon. I can't recall a role he has played that he did poorly. Bad movies, yes. But they weren't bad because of his acting.

"WEAR IT UNTIL YOU LOVE IT!!...and Die in it." Gives me goosebumps everytime

this film is beautiful, fine, and superb. The Four Musketeers, then to the Three Musketeers. Such Valor, Such Honor, Such noble, brave, and loving sentiments. A true masterpiece.

The first castle we see is NOT Versailles, it is Vaux le Vicomte, located south-east of Paris, built for Fouquet, finance minister of Louis the XIV. The king never lived there although he confiscated it after he found out that Fouquet was stealing a part of the kingdom money. Fouquet died in jail, but not at the Bastille. Vaux le Vicomte inspired the king by its magnificent gardens. It took 35 years to Louis to make Versailles a palace from a small castle, originally the hunting pavilion of his father Louis the XIII. The palace was almost achieved when Louis the XIV was 60 years old. He was king of France for 72 years. I supposed they couldn't afford renting the real Versailles for the movie... Entertaining movie anyway!

He doesn’t say, “when I drink I speak my mind”. He says, “in wine, there is truth”

Beautiful but also, terribly sad movie. Happy ending, although that was terribly sad because that’s the way it had to end. Lots of different twists and turns to make the movie interesting.

OMG did you hear that? ...silence.... ...occasional silence.... Characters understanding they dont have to fill every second of the movie with banter and when a young person has spent six years in an iron mask it's a serious enough moment to keep quiet when he finally gets it off. Yay! Whatever happened to movies like this???

Athos: THAT IS YOUR PLAN? IT'S LUDICROUS!! Aramis: I assure you, it's brilliant.

"If you can name me one thing, one single thing that is more sublime then the feel of a plump pink nipple between my lips, I will build you a new cathedral." - Porthos - this is hard logic to argue against.

Good cinematic storytelling at 12:05. Just as Raul is about to propose, they bring out the pig. Raul goes to chase after the pig and the couple is separated by the water fountain wall.

at time mark: 1:56:37 "Magnificent Valor" Such an epic moment

I think Randall Wallace wrote screenplays for terrific movies. Here is how I rank those films:
5. "Heaven is for Real" (2014)
4. "The Man in the Iron Mask" (1998)
3. "We Were Soldiers" (2002)
2. "Braveheart" (1995)
1. "Pearl Harbor" (2001) "Pearl Harbor" is one of my favorite films.

I like the reference for Phantom of the Opera with Raoul and Christine!

7:00 The king sounds like Canadian PM Trudeau in 2022. Kings advisors: Your majesty, as you advisors we feel it is our duty to inform you that there are riots in Paris! King: Riots? But Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. Why shouldn't my people feel anything, but pride and contentment? Kings advisors: Of course, your majesty. I'm sure they are content, and proud, but they are also starving.

Christine didn't even try to stop the king when he tried to kiss her. This is how most women are and you shouldn't waste your time trying to save them. This is a horrible movie, they think it's a good idea to have this man die out in the battlefield when he should have went to kill the king instead of listening to his orders to go fight. I hate DiCaprio's role

I wonder why the late '90's saw such a textured revival ,of such Period pieces as this ; " The Mark(? Mask) of Zorro"1998 ; Catherine Zeta Jones , Antonio Banderas,( and excellent performance of Anthony Hopkins - I enjoyed re - watching Tyrone Power's version both before and after ; in a double feature); " Sense And Sensibility" ( exquisite in every detail : Sony classics1996) ; and of course : "The Age

I wonder why the late '90's saw such a textured revival ,of such Period pieces as this ; " The Mark(? Mask) of Zorro"1998 ; Catherine Zeta Jones , Antonio Banderas,( and excellent performance of Anthony Hopkins - I enjoyed re - watching Tyrone Power's version both before and after ; in a double feature); " Sense And Sensibility" ( exquisite in every detail : Sony classics1996) ; and of course : "The Age of Innocence" "I told myself ; if the ship makes it past the lighthouse ...and she had not looked up tu me ...then I would not pursue her further." [ The sun glistens on a sea devine ; and the story shows us the sunken moment ,buoyed only by the valor that drew the line.] These movies were benchmark in a constant conversation ,of fhilm's then and now . The decade would end with the largely underappreciated "TEA WITH M U S S E L I N I" The Incredible ensemble ; and the other intense lull times of a relatively inactive occupied area ; that still shows the ENFORCEMENTS' of War zones' victims , when lines crossed.

At a loss for something to watch this afternoon, I clicked to watch this movie. I never had an interest to see it before, but nothing else fit my mood. I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this movie, and now I don't understand why I never wanted to watch it before. Thank you so much to whomever posted this movie, I really appreciated it.

Matthew 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Acts 16:23 And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:

https://youtu.be/vRSUdXhOIzo?t=5282?  1:27:58 as a child it made no sense to me. Why did everybody stop? He only helped someone up. I knew how bad the other guy was but still. Then I grew up and found out why by learning the cultural beauty standards. It was me thinking about this movie that made me reject the normal beauty standards and build my own judgement of people that leans on things besides looks. I mean the king looked generally good but as we saw, he was rotten to the core.

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]