【笑鬧美壇】How I learn English from Stand-Up Comedian Joe Wong, Russe

來源: 2021-04-02 01:12:53 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:

My notes: 
How many of you AAPI can make and take jokes about Asian people objectively mediating
racial tensions and competitive crosstalk work functions? Honestly, neither can I make nor take jokes mediating either racial tensions or work functions. I keep straight faces (so, look serious about my work),
which compose my attitude towards both issues. I didn’t pay much attention to Stand-Up Comedians
until I watched my countryman Joe Wong’s talk show (below 2) C-SPAN: Joe Wong at RTCA Dinner in the White House with President Obama and VP Joe Biden). 
Joe Wong came from Hai Long Jiang and earned his Ph.D. at Baylor College of Medicine,
known as the Southern Harvard/M.I.T. During the daytime; he worked towards his Ph.D.; at night,
he practiced his jokes as Stand-Up Comedians in the night clubs and restaurants for three years.
He made it into the David Letterman Night Show and the White House RTCA. As such, he broke the stereotype of STEM-career Chinese as a pioneer. Chinese Americans can learn from the Jewish journey
to the mainstream by moving into cultural platforms like Stand-Up Comedians. Below is the list of the top 25 Jewish Stand-Up Comedians. 

1) Russel Peters on Indian and Chines doing business^^

2) C-SPAN: Joe Wong at RTCA Dinner

3) The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy FallonRonny Chieng Stand-Up