美國,我為什麽愛她?America, why I love her

來源: 2014-07-02 09:07:50 [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀:



America, Why I Love Her
美國,我為什麽愛她
作者John Mitchum/ 朗誦John Wayne/翻譯 京燕兒

You ask me why I love her? Well, give me time, and I'll explain...
你問我為什麽愛她?啊,給我時間,我來說說看。。。
Have you seen a Kansas sunset or an Arizona rain?
你可曾見過肯薩斯的日落和亞利桑那的雨?
Have you drifted on a bayou down Louisiana way?
你可曾在河灣漂流駛向路易斯安那?
Have you watched the cold fog drifting over San Francisco Bay?
你可曾望見寒霧漫延籠罩舊金山海灣?

Have you heard a Bobwhite calling in the Carolina pines?
你可曾聽到山齒鶉在卡羅萊納鬆枝上鳴叫?
Or heard the bellow of a diesel in the Appalachia mines?
可曾聽柴油機車在阿帕拉奇礦場轟鳴?
Does the call of Niagara thrill you when you hear her waters roar?
尼亞加拉大瀑布的咆哮可曾震憾你的心靈?
Do you look with awe and wonder at a Massachusetts shore...
你可曾驚羨馬薩出塞州海岸美景?
Where men who braved a hard new world, first stepped on Plymouth Rock?
勇士們從此闖入新世界,最先登陸在普利茅斯岩石
And do you think of them when you stroll along a New York City dock ?
當你漫步紐約碼頭可曾想到他們?

Have you seen a snowflake drifting in the Rockies...way up high?
你可曾見落基山脈雪花從天而降?
Have you seen the sun come blazing down from a bright Nevada sky?
你可曾見內華達州烈日灼燒大地?
Do you hail to the Columbia as she rushes to the sea...
你可曾向衝入海的哥倫比亞河致敬?
Or bow your head at Getty*****urg...in our struggle to be free?
或在葛底斯堡戰場鞠躬。。。那是我們為自由的爭戰!

Have you seen the mighty Tetons? ...Have you watched an eagle soar?
你可曾見雄偉的大提頓?。。。可曾暸望雄鷹翱翔?
Have you seen the Mississippi roll along Missouri's shore?
你可曾見密西西比浪濤翻滾入密蘇裏岸邊?
Have you felt a chill at Michigan, when on a winters day,
你可曾感受密歇根冬日的嚴寒?
Her waters rage along the shore in a thunderous display?
她的湖水驚濤拍岸,雷霆萬鈞
Does the word "Aloha"... make you warm?
aloha這個詞是不是讓你感覺溫暖?
Do you stare in di*****elief When you see the surf come roaring in at Waimea reef?
你可曾凝視衝向威米亞礁石的浪濤,驚詫不已?

From Alaska's gold to the Everglades...from the Rio Grande to Maine...
從阿肯色的金子到佛州大沼澤。。。從格蘭德河到緬因州
My heart cries out... my pulse runs fast at the might of her domain.
我的心呼喚著。。。我的血脈在她的宏偉版圖澎湃
You ask me why I love her?... I've a million reasons why.
你問我為什麽愛她?。。。我有百萬個理由。
My beautiful America... beneath Gods' wide, wide sky.
我美麗的美國,在上帝蒼天之下。

US-Flag1
Happy 4th of July~

點擊鏈接
美語世界貼聽歌曲(來源紫君) Songs to go with 4th of July
請看John Wayne慶祝7月4日的電影McLintock
美國首都曆史
燕子譯的詩 America for me, a poem for 4th of July
獨立宣言視頻