職場美語:Losing A Job Can Be Positive2(音頻文字)

來源: 婉蕠 2013-10-05 20:29:16 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4292 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 婉蕠 ] 在 2013-10-06 18:53:52 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
職場美語:Losing A Job Can Be Positive2(音頻文字)ZT
http://www.voachinese.com/content/be-266-losing-a-job-can-be-positive-2/1761600.html

Mickey剛失業,跟朋友Suzanne 一起吃飯,Suzanne 勸他說,這未必不是件好事。她說,

S: Back at my old job there were some days where I barely used my brain at all! I just did the same thing over and over again.

M: So what happened after you got fired? Did a new opportunity come your way?

S: Not exactly. It took me about a year to figure out that opportunities weren't going to come my way.... I learnt that you have to create your own opportunities.

M: So that's when you started your company.

S: Yeah! I always had an interest in gardening, so I thought to myself: There must be a lot of people who also have this interest and would like to have a garden but don't have the time to set one up.

Suzanne說,原來工作的時候,總是同樣的工作來回做,did the same thing over and over again. 完全不用動大腦,失業後,她用一年的時間才發現,機會不會自己找上門來,opportunities weren't going to come my way, 還不如自己去創造機會。於是她決定自己開公司,幫助那些喜歡園藝但是沒有時間整理花園的人整理花園。

M: So now you go around making custom-designed gardens for homes and offices, right?

S: Yes! I never would've thought in a million years that my interest in gardening would turn into a career! If I hadn't gotten fired, I would've never found my calling!

M: That's cool....and it does offer me some hope. I guess I need to do some thinking about what I really want to do.

S: I'm not saying it's going to be easy.... I spent almost one year doing odd jobs and trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Not having a stable income can be difficult.

因此,Suzanne 開了一家公司,專門為公司和家庭 custom-design 量身定做花園。她說,要不是被解雇,她死也不會想到自己的愛好竟然會成為職業,in a million years 是一種誇張的說法,就是無論如何也不會的意思。正是被解雇,才讓她最終找到了自己的 calling, calling is spelled c-a-l-l-i-n-g, calling,  一個人最適合的職業。Suzanne 說,不過,這個過程也很艱難,她足足打了一年零工才走出低穀,odd jobs 是零工的意思。Mickey 聽後深受啟發。

M: Yeah....right now I have some savings so I'll be good for about six months...but if I can't find something after that it's going to start getting tough.

S: Do you have a "dream" or something you've always wanted to do?

M: Well, I have always had the idea of opening a bicycle store. I'm talking about selling rare, vintage or special custom-made bicycles.

Mickey說,自己存款有限,撐半年還行,再久就扛不住了。Suzanne 問他有沒有什麽夢想。Mickey 說,他一直想開一家自行車店,專賣那些不多見,古香古色,或是訂做的自行車。他在這裏用的 vintage is spelled v-i-n t-a-g-e, vintage 意思是老式的,古典的。

S: Interesting! Cycling is quite a trend these days and if you can find bicycles that no one else has....it just might work!

M: I've always been interested in bicycles and I know a lot about them. I never thought I would have a chance to open a bike store.

S: Give it some thought! This could be your calling in life!!

M: I'll think about it! Thanks, Suzanne! Now let's eat!

Suzanne 說, Mickey 想開自行車店的夢想很有意思,因為現在很流行騎車,it's quite a trend.  Suzanne 覺得 Mickey 可以認真地琢磨琢磨, give it some thought 好好想想,沒準真能行。Mickey 聽了很受鼓舞,說從來沒想到,自己這輩子真能有機會開一家自行車店,實現夢想。

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”