求助:單身老貓, Can i assign this settlement?

I involved a car accident on 06/14/06. The car was totaled. I got the whole payment through my insurance company. I also knew my insurance company already sucessfully collected the money form the third party (insurance company) since the accident at the fault of the guy who hit the rear of my car. The problem is i felt chest pain after the car accident, and went to a physician's office and get a check up. it cost me $400 whcih is from my own pocket. I just want to recover the $400 which i deserved to, but other insurance company asked me to sign the settlement before they can pay me.
Release of All calimes
For and in consideration of the payment to me at this time of the sum of five hundred dollars($500), the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, i being of lawful age do hereby release, acquit and forver discharge XX Company and xx PERSON and all other persons, firms and corporations who might be laiable 0f and from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, costs, loss of services, expenses and compensation, on account of, or in any way growing out of, any and all known and unknown personal injuries and Property Damage resulting or to result form accident that occurred on or about 06/14/06 at XX place.

I hereby declare and represent that the injuries sustained and permanent and progressive and that the revovery therefrom is uncertain and indefinite, and in making this release and agreement it is understood and agreed the i rely wholly upon my own judgment, belief and knowledge of the nature, extent and duration of said injuries, and that i haven't been influenced to any extent whatever in making this release by any representation or staments regarding said injuries, or regarding any other matters, made by the persons represention him or them, an any physician or surgeon by him or them employed.

It is further understood and agreed that this settlement is compromise of a doubtful and disputed claim, and that the payment is not to be construed as an admission of liability on the part of XX compay and XX person, by whom liability is expressly denied.

I further agree that this release shall not be pleaded by me as a bar to any claim or suit.

This release contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and the terms of this release are contractual and not a mere recital.

I further state that i have carefully read the foregoing release and know the contents thereof, i sign the same as my own free act.

所有跟帖: 

sorry, i mean "can i sign this settlement?" -NelsonMa- 給 NelsonMa 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 17:55:33

回複: 求助:單身老貓, Can i assign this settlement? -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (152 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 18:57:37

thank you very much for answering me so quick, -NelsonMa- 給 NelsonMa 發送悄悄話 (414 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 19:19:04

連絡您的保險公司,應該沒有問題,(這個部份應不包括您的車) -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2007 postreply 20:21:00

據我多年經驗,不能簽 -目餌- 給 目餌 發送悄悄話 (100 bytes) () 01/02/2007 postreply 05:07:44

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!