health insurance problem, help

來源: nausicaa 2005-06-09 05:27:03 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1695 bytes)
Please help,thanks a lot!

I had purchased a personal health insurance plan from a big name company. A few months later, I decided to quit the membership but couldn’t find clear instructions from their documents on how to do it. One sentence from their membership agreements read: “if a member stops paying the premium the coverage will ends automatically.” So I just stopped paying the premium and thought the service would stop too. To my surprise, the insurance company later called me and claimed that I owe them 2 months of premium. They said that if I want to end the service I had to call a certain department, else they would keep charging.

The insurance company then sold my account to a collection company and threat to sue me. I explained to the insurance company that if they had given clear instructions in their membership documents on how to quit the membership, I would surely followed it. In addition. I stopped using their services after I stopped paying the premium. However, the insurance company argued that state law prohibits them from stopping a member’ coverage if they have not received a request from the member. So I have to write to them making the request and make sure they received the letter.

My question is, if that’s the case, why don’t they state it clearly in their membership agreement? Who is responsible in this situation? If the insurance company sues me, what are the possible consequences? Should I go to court with them or pay the due? The amount I owe is not much (less than $400). I am afraid that even if I pay the due at this stage, I will still have a bad record left on my credit report or other reports.

所有跟帖: 

回複:health insurance problem, help -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 (1170 bytes) () 06/09/2005 postreply 08:05:07

thanks, you are very kind. -nausicaa- 給 nausicaa 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/12/2005 postreply 03:36:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”