involved in a car accident, need your advice

I was involved in a car accident last month. To keep the story short, a lady hit me on the back on highway and put some minor damages on my rear bump (will cost about $577 according to estimation).

Now, the lady's insurance company told me that they cannot accept the liability. The reason is that, the lady told them that there was another car that hit her on the back and pushed her car to me, and that car did not stop and just run away. Although in that accident day, they lady never mentioned to me that there was another car involved.

Now, i found myself in an interesting situation, on the one hand, the lady's insurance company does not accpet the liability, because they believe it is the third car, not the lady, that caused the accident. On the other hand, I cannot use my own un-insured-mortorist policy, because the lady that hit me actually is insured.

My question is that is there anything I can do to get at least some money to cover the cost to fix my car? Does the lady still liable to my damage? Can I sue the lady in the small claim court?

Thanks.

所有跟帖: 

回複:involved in a car accident, need your advice -wushen- 給 wushen 發送悄悄話 (343 bytes) () 01/25/2010 postreply 16:30:06

I have exactly same experience -煤格- 給 煤格 發送悄悄話 煤格 的博客首頁 (752 bytes) () 01/27/2010 postreply 16:14:56

By the way, -煤格- 給 煤格 發送悄悄話 煤格 的博客首頁 (342 bytes) () 01/27/2010 postreply 16:42:07

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!