回複:回複:我聽過類似的案子,不知道怎麽辦

來源: advice 2005-06-23 10:07:58 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1419 bytes)
回答: 我聽過類似的案子,不知道怎麽辦Rosalinda2005-06-23 09:33:16
I post my reply on your other thread here. Good luck,
===================
I didn't look closely. But still, it is not as bad as you think.

Now you are just worried about your status between May, when the ISO canceled your SEVIS F1 record and the start of your H1b, in October. First, you need to find out who and how your SEVIS I20 was canceled. If it was a manual process, i.e., some advisor in ISO went in to SEVIS and canceled your record, then they made a mistake. They should request what is called a Data Fix. What they will do is call the SEVIS Help desk and have it fixed. They can also request a Reinstatement of Status. Typically, data fix is faster than a reinstatement request. The point is the advisor made a mistake and they need to admit that. At a time like this, you have to be firm and demand they take action.

On the other hand, SEVIS has been known to cancel student's record when it is not supposed to. For example, it cancels an I20 when the change of status to H1b is approved but before it starts. SEVIS is not consistent in its behavior. So it is possible your ISO didn't make any mistake. In any event, they can request a data fix.

So the first step is to *reactivate* your SEVIS I20. It is useless to apply for OPT without a valid SEVIS I20. To reactive your SEVIS I20, they can either ask for a data fix or send in a reinstatement request.

Good luck,

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:我聽過類似的案子,不知道怎麽辦 -txrabbit- 給 txrabbit 發送悄悄話 (378 bytes) () 06/23/2005 postreply 10:24:27

回複:回複:回複:回複:我聽過類似的案子,不知道怎麽辦 -advice- 給 advice 發送悄悄話 (1324 bytes) () 06/23/2005 postreply 12:16:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”