My comments + looking for a lawyer ASAP

來源: GLu 2007-12-12 20:05:08 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1539 bytes)
Did you DIY or hire a lawyer? I am a NIW prepared by a lawyer 9/2006 that was recently approved. I can give you his name and number if you want.A few comments based on my uderstanding and experiences:
1. In response to 1st RFE:
It is very critical that the field is national in scope. I wonder what's your field. My credential is not as strong. But my field is ischemic heart disease. It couldn't be easier to convince the IO that it is national scope. If yours doesn't fall into something like heart disease, obesity, di*****etes etc you really need to work hard to find any information to exaggrate the national impact of your field.
2. As regard to 2nd RFE, I had a feeling your letter either were not strong or didn't get the point. If you DIY, you should find a lawyer to modify your letters. Other than that, awards are good plus. Many said Sigma Xi membership also helps. I feel you should arrange a few more supporting letters. If you can find any people from goverment like NIH, to praise you work and testify that your work set you apart from your peers, that will be a killer. If you authored, co-authored a book, or even a book chapter, go find the editors and ask them to help, that will do since that's how I found some of my references.
3. Very critical: Again, if you didn't use a lawyer, now it's the time to make the most valuable investment in your life. But make sure find a good one. You should be fine. Two of my friends got RFEs though helped by lawyers. Both of them went through.
Best of luck!

所有跟帖: 

回複:My comments + looking for a lawyer ASAP -風中落葉- 給 風中落葉 發送悄悄話 (497 bytes) () 12/12/2007 postreply 20:50:50

Your fild is pretty good for National scope! 回複:回複:My comments + -rstuvw- 給 rstuvw 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/12/2007 postreply 20:54:06

回複:How about looking it at a different angle? -GLu- 給 GLu 發送悄悄話 (1392 bytes) () 12/12/2007 postreply 21:32:06

回複:Make a correction on AP -GLu- 給 GLu 發送悄悄話 (530 bytes) () 12/13/2007 postreply 06:30:30

回複:回複:Make a correction on AP -風中落葉- 給 風中落葉 發送悄悄話 (86 bytes) () 12/13/2007 postreply 08:29:14

Agree! Your problem is not your achievement, it is... -pharmacyelite- 給 pharmacyelite 發送悄悄話 pharmacyelite 的博客首頁 (420 bytes) () 12/12/2007 postreply 22:18:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”