you don't have anything to worry about

I had similar experience. I checked with ISSS and have consulted some other professionals regarding this. Here is my understanding:
1. As long as you don't use AP or EAD, you are still a F1 student. You have dual status as F1/AOS. You can still work as TA/RA with the previous work permit. Nothing different at all.
2. Once you use AP or EAD, you lost your F1. You became AOS only. You can't apply for F1 visa oversea since you have immigration intension. And you have to work with EAD since you are not a F1 student any more.
I suggest you checking with your ISSS.
Anyway, you have nothing to lose. I think your F1 is safe. But even if you lose that, it is fine.
You might have F1 visa anymore but student visa is just useful for us to complete our study. You have your AOS to stay here and study in your school lawfully. You have your EAD to work here legally. The only thing that you might need to do is to get your EAD, which costs you $170.

所有跟帖: 

thanks alot, you answer all my concerns!!!! -maplely- 給 maplely 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/13/2006 postreply 16:48:21

I agree with upstair,but EAD cost is $180 -xiaobaitu- 給 xiaobaitu 發送悄悄話 xiaobaitu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/13/2006 postreply 16:56:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!