回複:What does "Use EAD" mean?

來源: YTHT1986 2005-11-10 20:54:17 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1580 bytes)
folks, thank you for all the responses. Basically I think our HR doesn't know the rule (I don't know if this is a new rule or not).

Here is my story:

I asked some friends in early 2005 about applying for AP. All of them told me that if I applied for AP, I had to also apply for EAD, because after I came back on AP, my H1B status would be changed. So I applied for AP and EAD.

I went back to China in the past summer, and came back. At the custome of Detroit, I gave the officer both my AP and EAD, but he didn't check my EAD at all. He just gave the EAD back to me.

After I came back, I called my HR. I clearly told them that my H1B was still valid (my H1B would be expired at the end of next year), and I worked based on H1B before I went back to China, and my I-485 was pending. I was told that if I used AP, then my stauts had been changed, so I had to update my I-9 form by using my EAD. So I went to my HR to update my I-9 form, and now my current EAD is going to expire in about 2 months, and I had to apply for another EAD. According to the discussion in this forum, I really didn't have to update my I-9 form. If I didn't do that, I can still keep my H1B status. However, now, it's too late. I had to use EAD because I already updated my I-9 form.

After I checked this forum, I sent email to my HR, and told them that their understanding about using AP is not right. However, they insisited that if I used my AP, I had to update my I-9 form by using my EAD.

I hope my case is helpful for other friends!
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”