I had a hard time messing with

來源: Boot.ini!! 2003-11-26 11:36:00 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1053 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Boot.ini!! ] 在 2004-02-06 15:24:48 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 請問Uninstall Windows XP Pro問題請您幫助..謝謝2003-11-26 10:48:00
I wanted to play with the boot sequence and edited this file. Unfortunately, I did something wrong and Windows couldn't reboot. I tried to change it back to the old version but couldn't, because I couldn't get back into Windows and couldn't change file attributes under DOS prompt. So I was stuck. Luckily I had another PC and had to switch the hard drive out of the working PC and into the broken one, boot into Windows and change the Boot.ini to a working version and switch the HDs back. Easier said than done. It took me almost a day to fix this mess I carelessly created in a few seconds! And meanwhile, while switching the hard drives, the power supply on one of the PCs crapped out on me, and I had to go out and spent $30 in a local PC repair shop for a $10 power supply and extended the whole process another day! Pretty funny experience thinking back, isn't it?!

So the moral of my story is: Don't mess with Boot.ini unless you're sure it's gonna work or prepared to spend a lot of time troubleshooting. Good luck to you guys!

--文學城www.wenxuecity.com--

所有跟帖: 

Funny, just realized WXC will -ChangeUrID- 給 ChangeUrID 發送悄悄話 (52 bytes) () 11/26/2003 postreply 11:49:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!