Biden Vows to Ban Standardized Testing in Public Schools If Elec

來源: Mich_Agent 2019-12-18 16:44:07 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (20618 bytes)

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-vows-to-ban-standardized-testing-in-public-schools-if-elected/

Biden Vows to Ban Standardized Testing in Public Schools If Elected

Joe Biden responds to a question during a forum held by the Giffords group and March For Our Lives in Las Vegas, Nev., October 2, 2019. (Steve Marcus/Reuters)

Former vice president Joe Biden indicated on Saturday that he would ban standardized testing in public schools if he were elected president.

Biden’s pledge came as a response to a question from an audience member at the MSNBC Public Education Forum.

“Given that standardized testing is rooted in a history of racism and eugenics,” the audience member asked, “if you are elected president, will you commit to ending the use of standardized testing in public schools?”

“Yes,” Biden responded. “As one of my friends and black pastors I spend a lot of time with . . . would say, you’re preaching to the choir, kid.”

“Teachers should be able to determine the curricula in their schools,” Biden went on. “Now, I’m not trying to be nice, there’s some lousy teachers out there, okay? . . . I’m not saying every teacher’s a great teacher. What I am saying is, you know what it takes to communicate to a child what in fact they need to know.”

Biden is currently leading the Democratic presidential race in national polls, but trails in the first two state primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire.

Biden has retained his national lead in part due to wide support among black voters in southern states such as South Carolina. The former vice president’s current challenger for the more moderate wing of the Democratic party, Pete Buttigieg, has failed so far to gain adequate support among black voters.

NOW WATCH: 'Biden Floats Idea of One-Term Presidency'

所有跟帖: 

這個老糊塗 -twoboys_mom- 給 twoboys_mom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/18/2019 postreply 16:52:22

他可不糊塗,兒子孫女上名私校,也不會去公校:) -金一位- 給 金一位 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/18/2019 postreply 17:06:54

全麵反智 -zvents- 給 zvents 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 12/18/2019 postreply 16:58:52

加跟帖:

當前帖子已經過期歸檔,不能加跟帖!