我投票了 Oh yeah 金色十月小小曆險記

來源: jmzjmz 2020-10-23 09:41:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (7536 bytes)
2020年是個特殊的年份,新冠病毒第二波卷來了,第一波從來沒停止過,又來了第二波,雖然出去買菜,超市都寫著不帶口罩不許進來的招牌,每天確診的人數現在天天超4000了,這隻是我們一個州而已,全美那就更嚇人了。疫情還是那麽的嚴重,但又是總統選舉年,今年要參與了,以前從不用操心投票的事因為我們州是民主黨州,你投什麽票都不影響民主黨最後的勝利,但今年感覺要投上自己的一票,於是就有了第一次正兒八經的投票。

我們采用郵寄方式,收到後就填,很多人候選人的名字一個個上網查,看他的競選主張,然後選yes or no。Trump和巴登是列在第一行的。這個早想好了票投給誰了。

前陣說Trump讓郵局緩慢送郵件,要拖延郵寄的vote,所以填好後就到很遠的總局去寄,好久沒出去了,這是個好借口外出遠足,於是帶上了相機,想要拍拍十月秋天的故事,沒想到碰到了不少事,算是個小小的曆險記。請點擊視頻看我的Vlog 金色的十月。這裏就是這一天的視頻日記。

天氣好,黃色的花很顯眼,就是這大片黃色的花引誘我走到這個小山坡,我拍了不少,一邊拍一邊爬坡,然後從另邊下來時就到了火車軌道,然後就不知東南西北了,感覺往右走就可以走出去到大街上了。但警察叔叔要我往左拐,我就往左拐了,不過我想往右應該也能走出去。視頻裏是整個故事,比帖子的內容豐富的多,這就是我更喜歡用Vlog的方式寫完整個故事。帖子的容量對我來說還是不夠。請不要錯過上麵的視頻。

郵寄投票的信是這樣的,花了一個晚上填好了,裏麵各類候選人很多,上網查這些人的背景和競選宣言填的,很認真的完成了投票。為了保證能收到,特地跑很遠去總局寄,不是說Trump要郵局緩慢投寄好讓一些信不能及時送到嗎?

3,4天後收到email說已經收到了,會count,原來這麽快就收到了,看來不是每個州都有陰謀的。今年總統的選舉裏有我的一票,感覺有點自豪了。I voted!Yeah!

停下盤問我的警察開的那部警車就是這種黑色的,我當時不敢對著警車拍,所以找了張網圖,不過我沒看到上麵有警燈。這天我一路走看到了好多這樣的警車,有的還呼嘯拉著警笛開過,不知道哪裏有火拚了,這個城市真是罪犯也多。火車的鐵軌處隻看到前麵好像有倆黑車,這是個危險地段,難怪警察叔叔要停下來盤問我,覺得我在這個荒涼的地方幹什麽,但看看我不像是個壞人,所以就指點我走出鐵軌。

前麵的Vlog也附上來

請點擊看Vlog 4月裏的一天,疫情中的美國城市!

Vlog 我記得居家令是在3/21日發的,最熱鬧的繁華一英裏會是個什麽景色

Vlog 開到Chinatown時,感覺就不一樣了,這裏真的空了。

金色的十月解說詞

解說詞,自己匆忙寫的,可能會有錯。

The year of 2020 is a special year because of Covid 19. President Trump got the virus a couple of days ago. Many of us have been trapped home for months.

It is a sunny Sunday, I went to the post office to drop the vote. It is so nice to be outside. Many people are wearing masks now.

Does this look like a dog on the wall?

One the way back, I saw the beautiful yellow flowers.

I took some videos and photos and climbed over the hill and came down on the other side.

A Railroad extends in front of me.

When I was walking along the railroad towards the street, a police car stopped behind me.

He questioned me and checked my identification. He told me they were chasing bad people.

Do I look like a bad guy? absolutely not.

This is an interesting experience to be stopped and questioned by a policeman.

He gave me a direction to walk out of the railroad and told me this is not a safe place.

I walked out the railroad to the street and came upon the Memorial to Fallen 21

The memorial is for the loss of firefighters at the Union Stockyard Blaze in 1910.

On December 22 of 1910, a fire started in the Nelson-Morris Meat Packing Company. The collapse of the seven-story building killed 21 firefighters instantly.

Bill Cosgrove, a retired fireman, wrote a book on the fire and became the driving force raising monies for the 8-foot bronze memorial.

Artist S. Thomas Scarff recreated the scene of that fateful fire, showing the chief of the brigade, James Horan, holding a bugle upwards to warn the men of the falling wall;a truckman raising his axe to protect himself as he falls backwards;an engine man focusing his hose on the fire unware of the danger.

The granite base includes the names of those who died that day as well as others who have perished in the line of duty.

October shows the golden color everywhere

a small rose

red unknown fruits are cute

quite a lot of railroads

This fence must be very effective to prevent thieves

She wears mask too.

Flowers at street side are all beautiful.

What an evenful day today. First time to vote for the president;first time to be stopped by a policeman when I am walking;first time to see so many railroads in this part of the city;first time to see the Memorial to Fallen 21, a tradgedy of history.

As the flowers show me life is beautiful, we should respect life.

Wish everyone a good day and my family to stay safe and sound.

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

金色的十月很美 周末快樂 -jmzjmz- 給 jmzjmz 發送悄悄話 jmzjmz 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/23/2020 postreply 09:42:17

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]