Tony Parsons大師文章《所有這一切》英文翻譯成中文加注釋

來源: 存在無法說 2018-07-12 11:08:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (26027 bytes)

等我慢慢翻譯下麵這篇文章,可能要花我一兩天時間。可以認為是前麵一篇文章的連續。如果你把這兩篇文章看進去了,還有什麽其他要悟?你們先讀讀英文原文吧:

LONDON, October 2002 by Tony Parsons

TONY PARSONS在2002年倫敦講座記錄

I' d better warn you right away that I’m not an enlightened person and no person in this room will ever become enlightened. There is no such thing as an enlightened person. It’s a contradiction in terms.

我最好警告你我不是一位醒悟的者。在這間房間裏麵沒有人會獲得醒悟。沒有“醒悟者”這個概念。“醒悟者”概念是一個邏輯錯誤。

I would also like to say that what is going on here is not a teaching of any kind. There’s nothing that’s taught here, because there’s no one here who needs to learn anything.

我要告訴你我現在說的不是一種教育。我不可能教任何東西,因為這裏沒有人需要學習任何東西。

All that’s happening here, really, is that we are friends together, remembering something. This is just about remembering something that maybe we feel we have lost or mislaid. Some people here have remembered - also, quite a lot of people in this room have sensed or glimpsed what they thought was lost.

我們隻是朋友,一起回憶某樣東西。今天我們要回憶我們可能丟失或放錯地方的某樣東西。

And the nature of what we think is lost is timeless being. It’s totally, utterly simple - the one thing we long for more than anything else is actually totally and utterly simple and immediate and available. And strangely enough, the thing that we long for has never left us.

我們認為我們丟失的東西就是“超越時間的存在”。它是完全的,徹底的,絕對的簡單。我們一直渴望的東西實際上是完全徹底地簡單的,就在我們麵前。奇妙的是,我們渴望的東西從來沒有離開我們。

In simple terms, all that happens is that when we are very young children, there is simply being, without a knowing of being; there is simply being. And then someone comes along and says ‘You’re Bill’ or ‘You’re Mary’ - ‘You’re a person’. And in some way or other, the mind - the ‘I’ thought, the identity, the idea that ‘I am a person’ - takes over the energy of being and identifies it as Bill or Mary or whatever. It takes over being and gives it a name. Words begin, labels begin, and the whole idea of ‘me’ becomes the main investment of living.

簡單地來說,當我們是嬰兒時,隻有簡單的存在(Simple Being),並不知道存在概念,隻有簡單地存在。然後過來告訴你:“你是比爾或你是瑪麗” - “你是一個人”。通過某種無法解釋的方式,‘我’思想,‘我’的個體定位,也就是‘我是一個人’的定位開始占領簡單的存在能量,把沒有個定位的簡單的存在能量命名為“比爾”或“瑪麗”或隨便什麽名字。這種個體定位錯覺占據了簡單的無個體定位的存在能量,給它取了名字。就這樣,詞語開始了,貼標簽開始了,形容開始了。就這樣,‘我’的念頭成為生活的主要投資。

If you look at the apparent world we live in today, it’s all about ‘me’ - it’s all about ‘the person’ being successful or being a failure. We grow up believing and reinforcing the idea that there is someone, and that that someone lives a life that’s going to last so many years. We’re in a journey called ‘my life’, and the thing to do - we are told - is to make that life work. The whole investment is in ‘I am a person and I’ve got to make my life work’.

讓我們觀察一下表相世界,一切都圍繞著‘我’ - 一切都關於‘我’這個‘人’的成功或失敗。我們依照“我是一個人”這個念頭長大,我們相信“有人在過一個生活,生活隻能延續這許多年”,我們相信自己在所謂的“我的生活”旅程上向前跋涉,有需要完成的任務或要負擔的責任。我們被告知要讓“我的生活”順利進行下去。整個投資都放在“我是一個人”和“我需要使我都生活順利進行下去”。

And so you get lists fed to you. The first one is about being a good child, the next one is about being a good student . . . Then there’s a list of requirements about being a good worker, usually followed by being a good husband, wife or partner. Some people turn to religion to try to discover what it is that’s missing in their lives, and again they are presented with a list of requirements they need to fulfil before they can become worthy or acceptable.

因此,你好像接受一個必須完成的清單。第一個項目就是要成為一個好孩子,接下來就是要成為一個好學生。接下來有諸多要求比如,要成為一個好工作人員,要成為一個好丈夫,或好伴侶,或好妻子。很多人參加宗教試圖發現在他們的生活中還有什麽缺憾,還有什麽做的不夠的地方。宗教再次給他們一個必須完成的清單,比如要修行要懺悔要洗清自己,才能獲得美好的未來。

There are as many ideas about how to make your life work as there are apparent people in the world. And there are many subtle levels of personal achievement - some of them apparently negative. For some people, achieving victimhood can seem like a great success!

世界上看似有多少人,就有多少如何改善或提高生活質量的建議。表麵上確實看似有很多微妙的個人成就 - 很多看上去是負麵的。對某些人來說,成為一個受害者好像是一個成就!

We have to play that game because we really think we are people; there’s a pretence taken on called ‘I am a person’. You pretend you are this person, and you take it so seriously that you forget you are pretending - the pretence becomes everything. And many many people live the whole of their lives like that. That’s fine, that’s divine, that’s the divine game.

我們玩這個遊戲因為我們真的相信我們是人。其實“我是一個人”是一個偽裝。你假裝你是這個‘人’。你把這個偽裝完全當真以至於你忘記了這是一個偽裝。這個偽裝變成了所有一切。很多很多人就這樣過他們相信的生活。這個情況不是問題,這個情況是神聖的,這就是神聖的遊戲。

Some people feel that, having gone through all of these lists, there’s still something missing. They then think, ‘Maybe I can find it through therapy - maybe a therapist can tell me what’s wrong, what’s missing’. And they’re into another list. And again there is this drive to become something.

很多人感到,完成了清單中的所有任務後,還是覺得有某些東西是缺憾的。他們就開始想了,“也許我可以通過治療找到缺失東西,也許一個心理治療師能告訴我什麽不對,什麽缺失”。就這樣,他們又從心理師那裏拿到了新的清單。有一種“成為某樣東西或實現某個目標”的欲望貫穿始終。

But for some reason or other, none of the things on the lists - religion, therapy, whatever - seem to work. And then some people hear about something called enlightenment, and they get a sense that maybe that’s the last piece of the jigsaw. So they go and find someone who’s pretending to be a guru, and they pretend to be disciples. And the two build each other up. The master who will teach you how to become enlightened gets bigger and bigger, and you feel more and more important because your master seems more and more important.

你最終發現,無論從宗教還是從心理醫師那裏拿來的清單裏,沒有一樣項目可以滿足你的渴求。然後有人聽到有一種東西稱為‘醒悟’,他們開始預感到這就是他們期盼的完成猜謎遊戲中的最後一塊。然後他們找到了一個偽裝的大師,他們把自己偽裝成學生,然後他們互相鼓勵互相提高。大師會教你如何獲得醒悟,然後你感覺到自己變的越來越重要因為你也同時感覺到你的大師也變得越來越重要。

Of course it’s yet another wonderful game of pretence. And another list comes with that scenario - meditation, or being very honest, or being so serious about enlightenment you could throw yourself off a cliff . . . One of the items on that list is ‘being here now’ - being here now and not thinking. You can read the books and go and see these guys who tell you this . . . And you can actually be here now for up to three or four minutes - and maybe not think for five seconds! 

這又是另一種形式的偽裝遊戲。大師給你另外一個清單,要你靜坐,要你保持誠實,要你對醒悟保持認真,以至於你可以為醒悟讓自己從懸崖上跳下去,等等等。大師給你的清單中有一條顯目的任務:“駐在現在當下” - 也就是說駐在當下不要思想。你可以讀這些大師的書,然後駐在當下三或四分鍾,也許可以停止思想五秒鍾!

It’s all pretence, and it’s totally divine. Every moment of your lives up until this moment has been absolutely perfectly divine; nothing could have ever been any different. The whole appearance of your life - the whole of the apparent doing, the apparent choosing - is totally appropriate and divine.

所有這些都是偽裝遊戲。但是神聖的偽裝遊戲。從你出生到現在的每個時刻都是神聖的;你不可能有另外的結局(注釋,你可能常常後悔,我當初應該做這件事,現在就好多了,我當初應該做那件事,我現在的情況就會好多了,這些都是錯誤的幻覺。你從出生到現在的每時每刻都是神聖自發流動,不是個人的選擇,這就是為什麽TONY說你不可能有不同的結局)。所有表麵上的‘你的生活’,所有表麵上‘你的作為’,所有表麵上‘你的選擇’ - 它們都是正確的神聖的。

(注釋,也就是說,表麵上看似你的作為你的選擇,其實沒有‘你’的參與,是神聖能量自發流動。因此選擇的不是‘人’,結果也不是‘人’來享受。但如果不仔細觀察,感覺上好像是獨立個體‘我’在做選擇。一切選擇都是整體存在做的,和個體‘我’無關,因為個體‘我’其實也是神聖本身,當看清後,就知道個體‘我’僅僅是一個幻覺,把整體存在錯當成個體‘我’了。悟到這個份上,你就可以放心地放下一切負擔,沒有決定可能是錯誤的,因此,醒悟也從來不會發生給偽裝的‘我’)

But the idea of ‘you’ is being reinforced all the time. The emphasis is that there is someone there; everything in the world goes on emphasising that there is someone there. The pretence of ‘me’ goes on being reinforced even in the search for enlightenment, because what a so-called master will say to you is, ‘I have become enlightened - I am an enlightened person and you can become an enlightened person’. You - this pretend ‘you’! It’s a total, utter fallacy, because awakening is the realisation that there is no one - it’s as simple as that. It’s totally and utterly simple, and also very difficult.

每時每刻在增強‘我’的定位。‘我’把重點放在有人存在;‘我’認為有一個世界在運行,有人存在在世界上。甚至在追求醒悟的過程中,偽裝的‘我’感覺還在不斷加強中。所謂的大師會告訴你:“我已經醒悟了 - 我是一位醒悟的人因此你也可以成為一個醒悟的人”。這個‘你’,這個偽裝的‘你’! 它是完全徹底的幻覺錯誤。醒悟不發生給一個‘你’,醒悟就是發現根本沒有任何‘你’存在。就這麽簡單的道理,這個道理是完全徹底地簡單的,同時又是很難的。

Awakening is the realisation that all that’s been happening - the whole idea of there being a ‘me’ - is a pretence. You’re actually pretending to sit there and look at me. You’re pretending that you’re sitting there looking at me and trying to get something. 

醒悟就是發現認為有一個‘我’存在是完全的偽裝或幻覺錯誤。其實你正在偽裝坐在這裏看著我。你偽裝坐在這裏看著我,希望獲得什麽東西。

Actually, there is no one sitting there and there is nothing to get.

實際上沒有‘人’坐在這裏,也沒有‘東西’可以獲得。

You can close your eyes, if you want to, and sense the energy that you think is ‘you’. It’s like an aliveness . . . For some people it’s a sense ‘I exist’ . . .

你現在就能夠閉上眼睛,感覺一下你認為是‘你’的能量。這個能量就是活力本身。但對於很多人來說,這個能量被稱為“我存在”。

But that energy, that sense of ‘you’ being there, is actually not you. That sense of who you think you are - that sense of aliveness and energy - is being; it’s just being. It never came and it never went away - it’s never left you; it’s always been there. You thought it was you - it’s just pure being. It isn’t who you are - it’s what you are. What you are is simply being, presence, life. You are life, life happening, but it doesn’t happen to anyone. Sitting on that chair isn’t happening to you - sitting on that chair is what’s happening, to no one. There’s just being. You are being - you are divine being.

但是這個能量,這個‘你存在’的感覺,不真的是你。感覺上的‘你存在’和感覺上的‘活著’和‘能量’,就是存在本身(BEING);隻有‘存在’(BEING)本身。它不會來也不會離開,它從來沒有離開過你;它從來就在這裏。你認為它是‘你’,不,它就是純粹的‘存在’本身。它不是你的誰,它就是你自己。你是什麽?你就是單純的存在本身(BEING)。換個說法你就是當下本身。換個說法,沒有一個‘你’在過生活,你就是生活本身。生活在進行中,但生活不對任何‘人’進行。坐在那個椅子上不是發生給‘你’ - 坐在那個椅子上就是純粹的發生,不發生給任何‘人’。隻有‘存在’,你就是存在 -你就是神聖的存在本身。

(注釋,上段比較難翻譯,我怕翻譯的不恰當會產生誤解。這裏說的‘你’或‘我’都是個體人的‘你’或‘我’。這些個體定位都是偽裝的幻覺,不真的存在。而真正的自己是‘存在’本身,TONY說的好,真正的自己就是生活本身,並沒有一個‘我’在過生活。我常常用SELF來指向‘存在’,佛經中常常以‘佛’來指向‘存在’,用詞不同,意思是一樣的。不管我們如何描述它,SELF也好,存在也好,生活也好,BEING也好,THAT也好,佛性也好,指向的都是無法確切定義的終極存在,它沒有出生,也沒有離去,它就是你的本性。有時候我用能量來表達THAT,這在心靈瑜伽觀察練習中是很好用的比喻。當你看到萬千世界,那不就是THAT的能量嗎,說它是‘存在’或‘SELF’有什麽區別?。所以要意會,不要拘泥於用詞的不同)

And it’s so amazing because wherever you go, there is being. Whatever you apparently do, there is being. Whatever you apparently don’t do, there is being. There always has been being, whatever you’ve apparently done or not done, however unworthy or neurotic or ignorant or selfish you think you are. All of those qualities arise in what you are, which is being. All there is is being. And what arises in that being is the idea that ‘you’ exist. It’s just an idea, it’s just a thought, that there is someone.

這是非常奇妙的發現,無論你走到哪裏,隻有‘存在’(BEING)。無論你做什麽事情,隻有‘存在’(BEING)。無論你避免做的任何事情,也隻有‘存在’(BEING)。任何‘地方’,任何‘事情’,任何‘動作’,都是‘存在’(注釋,讓我這樣比喻吧,隻有‘存在’在做‘存在’,但看上去好像億萬個物體或人在做億萬個不同的事情,這就是神聖的遊戲)。隻有‘存在’本身,和你做什麽或不做什麽無關。無論你自我感覺多麽悲觀,自我感覺多麽神經質,自我感覺多麽無知,自我感覺多麽自私,所有這些都是神聖的‘存在’本身。你的感覺在告訴你一個偽裝的故事,不是真實的。在你(‘存在’)中可以升起所有的屬性,但這些屬性也就是‘存在’本身,不是真的產生出任何別的東西。唯一存在的隻有‘存在’本身,沒有其它。在簡單的‘存在’中浮現出‘你’存在的念頭。它隻是一個念頭,一個思想,錯認為有一個‘人’存在。

So you see, how is it possible that anyone needs to do something for awakening to happen? There is no one - there is only being - so how could anyone do anything? Why should anybody have to become something, when all they are is a pretence? Should they become a better pretence? Awakening has absolutely nothing to do with you. You are just a character in a play. Tony Parsons is simply a set of characteristics - that’s what is sitting here, a set of characteristics and a body/mind. But what you are is the being, the stillness, from which that comes. All that’s actually sitting there is stillness, being, present awareness - call it what you like.

因此你看到,怎麽可能有人完成某些任務後最終達到醒悟狀態?完全沒有‘人’,隻有存在本身。怎麽可能有‘人’做任何事情?當你發現一切都是偽裝以後,為什麽還有任何人要變成某種東西?難道他們要提高到一個更美好的偽裝嗎?醒悟和‘你’絕對的無關。‘你’僅僅是遊戲中的一個角色。Tony Parsons也僅僅是一個遊戲中的角色 - 坐在演講台上的就是這個角色,看似有它的身體和思想。但這些角色不是真正的你,你就是‘存在’本身,你就是寂靜本身。從寂靜的存在中浮現出萬千世界。實際上坐在那裏的是寂靜,存在,當下,和覺知,隨便你怎麽稱呼它都無所謂。

Awakening is simply the dropping of an idea, a pretence, an idea of pretending to be someone. And there’s nobody here in this room who can drop that idea. What is going on here is that at one level we’re talking and the mind is trying to understand, but at another level, there’s a deeper wisdom (which we all know anyway) that’s being communicated and resonating and being reacknowledged.

醒悟其實就是把一個念頭丟掉了,把這個虛偽的念頭丟掉了。這個念頭就是假裝你是一個人。在這個房間裏麵沒有一個人可以把任何念頭丟掉。到底什麽在發生?在一個層麵好像我們在交談,好像思想上在理解。但在另一個層麵,有一種深層的智慧(我們其實都已經知道了)在不斷地溝通,積累,共鳴,被重新發現。

(注釋,記得我在以前的博文中提到,你的任何一個領悟,也許表麵看似非常微小微妙,但在深層的能量會積累溝通。很巧合,Tony也用類似的說法,說在你的深層有一種非個人的智慧,在溝通,在積累,在共鳴,可以被重新發現。重新發現的意思不是說你要獲得這個深層智慧,它從來沒有離開過你,它和你一直同在的,它就是你,所以你在不斷地重新發現它)

Once this message is heard, then the ‘me’ simply drops away. The idea of ‘me’, the pretence of ‘me‘ is absent and there is what is always there - simply being.

一旦聽到了這個信息,‘我’念頭就丟棄了。當‘我’念頭消散以後,當‘我’的偽裝被丟棄以後,留下來的就是一直在的,簡單的‘存在’(SIMPLY BEING)。

It’s as simple as that. It’s utterly simple. It’s right there - you don’t have to go anywhere. You don’t even have to understand it - don’t for goodness’ sake try and understand it! And don’t think for a moment that anybody wants you to believe it - it has nothing to do with belief. It can be felt . . . there’s just aliveness. There’s life, sitting here.

就這麽簡單,完全徹底的簡單。它就在當下,你不需要去任何地方尋找它,你甚至不要去理解它。千萬不要去理解它!它是思想理解不了的,也是不需要理解的!也不要認為你需要信仰它 - 它和信仰無關。它隻能被感到,它就是‘活著’。它就是生活,隻有生活,坐在那個椅子上。

The mind will want to chatter on about this, and that’s absolutely fine. If the mind wants to talk or ask questions, let that happen. What’s happening is that the questions get no answers and the mind finds that it can’t get anywhere, because this already is the case. The mind wants to say ‘Yes but . . .’ - and that’s divine. No question is silly - if it’s in the mind, it needs to come out and be responded to.

思想還是會繼續思考這些問題,但這不是問題。如果思想要想談一個問題或問一個問題,就讓它發生吧。實際上發生的是,問題不會得到任何答案。思想會逐漸發現它去不了任何地方,得不到任何結果。思想總是在說:“是的我懂了,但是。。。” - 這就是神聖本身,不是問題,讓思想發生吧,讓提問發生吧。沒有問題是愚蠢的 - 如果存在於思想中,它就要出來尋求答案,這不是問題。

But somewhere the mind wants to give up. And in the end, all that it’s seeing is that there is just this - life. If you close your eyes, all you actually find are sensations. One thing is happening at a time - the body sitting in a chair is happening; a breeze coming through the window is happening; the crackling of paper is happening; cars are happening . . . There’s no story. The story that we think is our story is simply a pretence, because always there is only this. The story you’ve listened to about your life is not going anywhere. Everything that is happening is simply the invitation to see that all there is is this. All the time, life has been saying to you, ‘Look - there is simply life. There’s no story - there’s simply life’.

某時某刻,思想會最終放棄自己。因為最終,你所能看到的隻是“是怎樣就是怎樣”,這就是生活,WHAT IS。如果你閉上眼睛,你所能找到的隻有感覺,每個時刻發生一樣東西 - 比如,身體坐在椅子上在發生;窗外微風襲來在發生;紙張折疊的聲音在發生。。。,沒有故事發生。我們認為發生的故事其實是偽裝出來的,因為隻有THAT(‘存在’),沒有其它。你所關心的所謂‘我的生活’並不真正的在發生。任何看似發生的事情都在邀請你去發現隻有‘存在’(THAT)本身,沒有其它。生活一直在跟你說:“看吧,隻有生活,但沒有故事,隻有簡單的生活”。

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

這位Parsons 先生了不起。嬰兒之喻很貼切,就是中國人說赤子之心。人不能回到嬰兒的身體,但是可以重現赤子之心 -stonebench- 給 stonebench 發送悄悄話 stonebench 的博客首頁 (812 bytes) () 07/16/2018 postreply 14:07:00

說的太對了 -存在無法說- 給 存在無法說 發送悄悄話 存在無法說 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2018 postreply 04:46:38

加跟帖:

• 標題:
  • 內容(可選項): [所見即所得|預覽模式] [HTML源代碼] [如何上傳圖片] [怎樣發視頻] [如何貼音樂]